Monday, February 27, 2012

what's up buttercup?

it's technically still winter I guess, but it definitely feels more like spring here.
the annual flowers we have in the front yard are already in full bloom and our tulip tree is starting to bud.
DSCF9530-1

I know that daffodils and buttercups are actually two completely different types of flowers, but I always remember calling daffodils buttercups when I was a little kid. I think it may have something to do with how in Willy Wonka there's that candy in the factory that looks like a daffodil, but he calls them buttercups.
anyway.
I've been on such a livi kick lately...
partly I think because I've been playing with new eyes and new clothes, but also because as much as I love lena and all her bright colors, it's been really fun to play with all the softer neutral tones for a change.

I had started working on a pair of eyes for her after I got the glass ones that weren't what I was expecting.
after I put the glass ones in her they kind of grew on me, but I had already made the blue acrylics so I decided to go ahead and at least try them out; but now I kinda like them too so I'm torn :/
so basically I'm open to opinions if you want to give them.
I left the acrylics in her for the shoot I did today, and I'm going to leave them in for at least another day or so to see how I feel about them after she's worn them for a bit.
I also decided to play around with editing on the picture that I submitted to dA for my 365 today. it's different from how I'd normally do things, but I kind of like it.

DSCF9537-1

DSCF9546-1

DSCF9551-1

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like them too, I'm just not sure yet if I like them more than the glass eyes.
      but I think they may be keepers 'cause they're closer to the fl glass ones and that's what I really wanted.

      Delete