Monday, May 14, 2012

drowning in denim fuzz...

so I've been working my poor fingers pretty hard the past couple days, but hopefully it'll all be worth it soon.
I was itching to be able to actually get some of the awesome rainbow dyed shorts done, but I don't want to waste the dye since the tie dye kit was a little on the expensive side.
I had a pair of light colored stretch denim jeans to cut up and use for the project, and I decided to make as many pairs as I could get out of one pants leg; which was 29 pairs.
I spent about 15 hours saturday (working sort of on and off, and taking a break to cook dinner for the family) cutting and sewing all 29 pairs
then today I spent quite a few hours fraying the edges of all the pairs of shorts and starting to otherwise distress all of the pairs.
the leg edges of all of the pairs are frayed, and I got through putting holes and what not in 11 pairs before my fingers were too sore to keep going; plus it's nearly 5am so I should probably sleep...
I'm hoping to get all the rest of the pairs distressed tomorrow; then I'll rinse and run all of the shorts through the dryer so the frayed bits look better, and bleach 23 pairs 'cause I'm leaving a handful of pairs the color that they are, but the rest will all be dyed pretty rainbow colors :D

No comments:

Post a Comment