Friday, March 23, 2012

mission accomplished!

so my birthday has come and gone.
over all it was a really good day.
one of my best friends surprised me by stopping by with a gift, a beautiful snow globe with two cute little pandas in it ;3;
and my dad also surprised me with a handful of gifts. he got me the muppet movie on dvd, breaking dawn on dvd (it's going back to the store shortly xD), some really cool sharpies for writing on fabric, a set of canvases and easels "for the dollies", and an artist manikin "because you like those jointed things" xD
I really do appreciate that he's trying to be more tolerant of the dolls and even a little supportive.
 
and I managed to finish my not so super secret project in time, and am now finally completely finished with it since I've got the video detailing the assembly process all uploaded and ready to watch.
the set will change and evolve each time I use it, just like Lena's room does; but I'm happy with what I did get done in time for the photos yesterday.
it was definitely a challenge, and ended up more work that I'd thought it would be; but I think it was well worth it, and I hope that everyone else enjoys the pictures and getting to watch how I put everything together.

just like any other day.

yeah, I'm stuck here all day...

happy birthday, now get back to work...


-WHERE I GOT EVERYTHING- 
walls are two large foam project boards purchased at walmart and taped together in an L shape
door was added to the back wall with spray paint and a balsa wood door frame
floor is a large piece of dark grey fleece
counter is a miniature wooden dresser purchased at hobby lobby and painted/customized with spray paint and scrapbook paper
corkboard is from hobby lobby flyers were made up in photoshop and printed to size
metal nail art decorations were used as fake tacks for the notice board
computer is from nightfall, but you can buy them nearly anywhere
sheet music was found online and printed to size
various knick-knacks on the counter are either made by me, iwako brand erasers, or re-ment
feel free to ask if you're curious about something specific ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment