Saturday, March 10, 2012

progress!

I got what I'd call about halfway through with the counter today.
I've got the whole thing coated with black paint, but I need to get another can to go over everything one last time so it's all even 'cause I just barely had enough to get the drawers coated so they're not as dark as everything else; plus the very end of a can of matte paint will sometimes give you a semi-gloss finish instead of matte, which is what happened to the base of the counter (actually it's a tiny dresser, but it's what I'm using as the shop counter), so I want to spray lightly over the whole thing to make it matte again.
 
I'm really happy with the result so far though, the front side (the back of the dresser) didn't end up so much a semi-gloss finish as the other side did since I sprayed it first; so it looks like what the whole thing should look like when I'm done.
after I get some more spraypaint and finish coating it one last time I'm going to add the scrapbook paper with the music notes on it that I got to decorate the front of the counter with.
DSCF9989 
in this shot lena is bent forward at the waist with her chest joint latched back so she could lean forward with her elbows the counter. when she's standing up straight the counter comes up to about her waist.

when I go to pick up paint I also need to pick up the foam boards for the walls and pick a shade of fleece to use for the floor.
I also have to figure out something to use to make a door frame 'cause the door to the back of the store, where izzy's office/the stock room/etc are, is supposed to be behind the front counter.
I'm thinking that I'll probably use either some more foam board or some balsa wood, and just glue it to the "wall" then paint the inside of that and add a doorknob for looks 'cause I don't need a door that functions or anything, I just need it to look like a door xD

I'm thinking that I'm going to try and work on some flyers for the corkboard tonight just to try and get something else taken care of.
my feebb is planning to do a handful for me, so that helps a lot; if anyone else is interested in making some too, the info about what I need is in the post I made yesterday.
if I happen to end up with more flyers than will fit on the board at once they will definitely still get used 'cause I do plan to rotate the flyers each time I use the shop set-up so that it doesn't look exactly the same each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment