Wednesday, March 7, 2012

well today has been interesting...

so I was getting ready to go to hobby lobby earlier to pick up some stuff for a project that I'm trying to get done with before my birthday, and was going to put some different clothes on Lena to bring her with me to compare size of things.
one of her feet was backwards, and as I was turning it around I noticed a hairline crack in her calf piece where her ankle ball sits ;;
I'm not sure if this is a new development, or if it was there all along and I'm only just noticing it now.
I'll have to take pictures of it tomorrow and contact DDE (since I purchased her on layaway through DDE rather than direct from FL) about it to see if it's something that FL will fix or if I'll have to pay for a new part 'cause I'm pretty positive that it's a stress crack from the resin in that spot being rather thin in combination with tight stringing, but I did get her in December so it may be a little late for them to replace the part without me paying for it.
and I mean I'm not opposed to paying for the part if I need to,  I just can't really afford it right now 'cause I already have pretty clothes for Livi from Airee on order.
why do things always have to break when you can't afford to fix them >.<;;

on a happier note, I did find things for the project.
I also got some cute crochet lace trim (which I found in the scrapbooking section xD) for use on clothes for livi when I have some more free time to sew things that aren't for commissions, and some more charms/chain for necklaces for livi.

after hobby lobby I headed over to target since it's in the same shopping center.
unfortunately they didn't have the clawdeen/howleen monster high two pack that I'm looking for, but they did have a whole bunch of mini lalas and as far as I could tell all of the singles were on sale for $4.99
they had the hatter/alice set that I want really bad, but I just couldn't convince myself to get it since the double packs were full price; I did get Marina Anchors though.
apparently she's one of the brand new characters, but she was one of the ones that was $2 off so yay.

finally, today is Pan's birthday.
one year ago today this little bundle of happy showed up on my doorstep. ;3;

HAAAAAPPY BIIIIIRFDAY...

1 comment: