Friday, March 9, 2012

not so super secret project.

so I figured I'd go ahead and explain this  "project" that I've mentioned a couple times already since I'm hopefully going to start working on some parts of it tomorrow.
my birthday is March 22nd, and two years ago my dollzone aimi arrived on my birthday.
at the time she was Lena, who has since been re-shelled as a mnf ryeon, and though Lena was a character that had been around for several years I'd never given her a set birthday; so since Lena is my oldest character and is so special to me I thought it'd be fitting that we share a birthday.
now that the aimi is Livi rather than Lena I still treat the 22nd as Lena's birthday (and Livi's character birthday is in December on mnf!lena's arrival date) but it's also still the Aimi's arrival date, and since she was my first I consider that to be something special.
so because it's a special day for both of them I wanted to do something, a photo shoot, involving the both of them.
here is where the not so super secret project comes in xD
I don't want to do just a boring, stick them out on the porch and snap portraits, shoot; not only because that wouldn't be as fun or interesting, but also because the way that they know each other in the story is through the music shop where Lena works 'cause Livi is a dancer and would shop there for stuff like background tracks for performances and what not.
so I'm going to build a photo set-up of the music shop just like the one that I have of Lena's room.
it will be a floor with two walls to form a corner. the front counter where the register and stuff would be. a chalkboard with group class/workshop schedules on it. a corkboard with flyers and stuff like that hanging on it. and other various knick-knacks and decorations to make it look more real/lived in/worked in.
so far I have a small wooden dresser that I bought the other day at hobby lobby that I'm going to paint black and decorate the back-side of to use at the counter. when I turn it on it's side it's pretty much just the right size for a shop counter, and it was cheaper than if I'd bought wood to try and build a counter that probably wouldn't have looked nearly as nice (plus I can use it to store the bits and pieces of the set-up in when I have to stash everything away after I'm finished using it for the day).
and also from hobby lobby I purchased a little wooden framed chalkboard that I'm also going to paint and decorate 'cause right now it's boring unfinished wood.

tomorrow if the weather is nice I'm hoping to try and get the dresser painted at least part of the way.
I'm not sure if I have enough spray paint to actually get it finished, but I'd like to at least get started on it since I only have something like just shy of two weeks to get everything done at this point. 

if anyone might be interested in  doing something to help me out, if you'd consider making a flyer (or a few, it's up to you) that is either made small to begin with (no bigger than probably 2"x1.5"-ish)  or that are big but not too busy looking so that I could shrink them down to print and have them not look like a jumbled mess.
the subject of the flyers is kind of up to you, but I'd prefer them to be for music related.
things like band auditions (preferably for made up bands), shows (again, preferably made up bands/performers. can be your characters. locations can be real or made up), "performers needed" type flyers, and stuff like that.
oh, and they can be in color or just black and white 'cause I'll probably print any that are black text/images on different colored paper since I have lots of different color options.
I don't foresee that many people sending me stuff, so it's likely that your flyer will end up on the corkboard in the picture that I'm going to be posting on the 22nd if all goes according to plan and I get everything done in time, but if somehow I get enough that I don't feel like they're all going to fit I do plan to rotate the flyers out each time I do a shoot with the set-up so they'd end up there at a later date.
if you do decide to make one (or more) you can email me by clicking the link in the right sidebar.


I'm also still trying to get rid of a couple Monster High dolls.
I have a Mad Science Lagoona and a Skull Shores Abbey.
for more info about them you can check the post that I made about it yesterday.
feel free to email me with any questions about them if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment