Monday, March 5, 2012

omnomnom chicken soup.

I know most of you probably follow me for doll related things, but I know that I can't be the only one that's pitiful and flu-y right now; so I figured that I'd share the recipe that I made up for the chicken noodle soup that I just made another batch of yesterday, in case anyone else happens to want to try it out.
this recipe will make quite a lot, so if you don't want to make enough to last a family of five for a few days you may want to cut everything in half xD

you can certainly switch the veggies that I use for different ones if you prefer something else, I just used things that my family and I all like.
you can also definitely use all fresh veggies or all canned stuff, I just used a mix of both because it's what I had.

DSCF9814-1 
x2 48oz carton of low sodium chicken broth (I use Swanson brand)
x1 small package of chicken tenderloins
x1 can green beans
x1 can whole kernel corn
x5-6 small red potatoes
x1-2 handful of matchstick carrots
x2-3 handful of small pasta of your choice (I used ditalini) 
various herbs and spices to taste
 
I trimmed and put the chicken on to cook first.
cleaned a chopped the potatoes into cubes (I left the skins on, but you don't have to) so that I could put them and the matchstick carrots on to pre-cook while I shred the chicken after it'd finished cooking.
I boiled the potatoes and carrots for about 10 minutes.
after the potatoes and carrots were finished cooking I put the pasta on to boil.
I heat the chicken broth up in my big soup pot, putting in parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste; when it starts to boil add in the pasta and cook it for about 7-8 minutes.
after the pasta was mostly tender I'd add in all of the chicken and veggies and let it all cook together for another 15-20 minutes.

I hope that all makes sense for anyone who happens to want to make this.
I'm definitely not pro at recipe writing, I generally just kind of add stuff until it tastes good xD

2 comments:

  1. ffffffffff I may have to steal this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have at it :D
      that's why I decided to share it. it's good, but really easy; so I figured someone else might get some use out of it.

      Delete